Sunday, April 26, 2015

Definition of Success

I've often been guilty of using the word "successful" as meaning financially successful. But I think the distinction between the two is important, simply because I think there is greater success than financial success. Having money is a good thing, yet I also believe that happiness, health, generosity and love are all more important than wealth. Therefore, true success is far greater than a fat wallet and a bloated bank account.

One person I would consider successful is my late Uncle Rob Eggers. He tragically passed away a few short years ago from a heart attack. When my family went to his funeral in North Carolina, there were lines out the door of hundreds, maybe even thousands, of people who came to pay their respects and mourn with us. Everyone at his funeral remembered him for his kindness, genuine interest in people, fun personality and overall generosity. This is a good reminder to me that the way that we treat people ultimately determines our success and is far more important than the money we make.

What is your definition of success?

No comments:

Post a Comment