Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Is Muhammad a Prophet?

I know there are many kind and devoted Muslims throughout the world. I have respect for any person who loves their neighbor and provides for their family. I realize this includes many Muslims. With that being said, though, I vastly prefer the loving and forgiving words of Jesus over the angry tones of Muhammad and his followers. Granted, I don't accept all of today's mainstream Christian theological messages, but I do accept the teachings of Christ as being closely associated with a loving God. In fact, I would even rate the Buddhist and Hindu teachings as being more closely related with truth than with the teachings of Muhammad. The very fact that this statement is illegal in much of the world hints at its accuracy. While many Muslims around the world react in anger and label this "blasphemy", free thinkers should react with logic, reason and love.

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment